University of Turin and Università Popolare dei Diritti Umani in collaboration with Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities, India (Indexed by Scopus & WoS) organize the third Rupkatha International Open Conference (RIOC).
The conference and the special issue of Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities aim to explore the insecurity and uncertainty that current social phenomena, such as the global pandemic or active wars are causing. RIOC wishes to sensitize to papers that curate, review, and integrate innovative and foundational contributions in arts, humanities and social sciences and possible interventional strategies for the improvement of our global society since what we are experiencing has created situations of instability on several levels. RIOC invites inquiries into current crises with a clearly interdisciplinary approach, even if other perspectives and methodologies are not excluded.
RIOC seeks articles that focus on:
- The impact of Covid-19 on the labour market and opportunities for young and adult workers;
- The impact of Covid-19 in the workplace and gender equality;
- Increased feelings of insecurity, migrations, trauma;
- Impact of insecurity and coping strategies;
- Feeling of insecurity and decision-making mechanisms;
- The increase in domestic violence in times of social insecurity;
- Border anxieties;
- Mental health and societal anxieties;
- Environmental anxieties;
- Crisis-induced “othering”: manifestations and conceptualizations;
- Fear and anxiety in promoting violence and armed conflict;
- Any other theme or genre through which it is possible to decline upon with respect to the concept of anxiety, correlations, and causal effects on social instability.
Proposals should clearly state the methodology they will employ in their papers and how they aim to contribute to the expansion of knowledge that is of concern for this special issue.
The deadline for submitting a full paper proposal to the conference and for consideration in the special issue is September 30, 2022. It is recommended that articles (no more than 6,000 words, single-spaced).
More information at this link.