The European Consortium for Sociological Research (ECSR), together with the Dondena Centre for Research on Social Dynamics and Public Policy at Bocconi University, are pleased to announce that the next three-day conference will be held in Milan, Italy from August 31st to September 2nd, 2017.
The ECSR 2017 conference theme is ”Institutions, Inequality and Social Dynamics”. Submissions under this theme will receive special attention, but as always, we welcome presentations on all relevant areas of sociological research, such as the labour market, work and employment, education, family sociology, migration and integration, political sociology, health and well-being, social inequalities. We also welcome contributions concerning sociological aspects of governance, business, family firms and gender.
Confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Mario Amore Department. of Management and Technology, Bocconi University
- Anette Eva Fasang Humboldt University of Berlin and WZB, Berlin Social Science Center
- Markus Gangl Department of Social Sciences, Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main
- Torkild Hovde Lyngstad Department of Sociology and Human Geography, University of Oslo
- Ross Macmillan Dondena Centre, Bocconi University
- Hadas Mandel Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Tel-Aviv University
- Melinda Mills Nuffield College, University of Oxford
- Submission can be made at by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is April 1st
Authors are asked to submit both:
- A short abstract (250 words).
- Either an extended abstract in PDF (2-4 pages, including tables) or a completed paper in PDF.
Extended abstracts should be sufficiently detailed to allow the organizers to judge the merits of the paper, including a description of the topic to be studied, the theoretical focus, the data and research methods, and the findings.
The extended abstract or paper should include: names, email addresses, and institutions of all authors, title, and up to five key words. Your email should include:
- Name, email address, and institution of the corresponding author in the body of the email.
- Names and email addresses of all other authors.
- Plain text version of the short abstract, in the body of the email (i.e., copy/past into email).
- A PDF version of the paper or extended abstract included as an attachment – submissions without a PDF or with other formats will be sent back.